I have spent the past two weeks painting the house. Boy! It takes a lot more work than I thought! I've heard people say that they've painted their entire house in one afternoon. All I have to say to you is... I think your house probably looks scary. It took me 5 days just to paint our little front room!!! All the taping, caulking the tape, painting the trim and then using the paint brush. Boy it takes forever.
Although, Brad just made a good point. I start doing the edges with the paint brush, and then I get carried away and just end up painting the entire room by hand with a two-inch paint brush. I withdraw what I said before. Your house probably looks great. And I'm just insane. But, eh, with the boys taking turns with naps all day long, it's nice to have something to do in the house!
Anyway, so I've done the front room and now I'm working on the kitchen. I swear the hardest part is just choosing the colors. I've spent about $40 on paint samples alone! On the upside, it would have been a lot more expensive to buy whole paint cans and hate the color. I will post before/after pictures once the "after" happens. Until then, here's a picture of the boys helping me paint. They sure love that big tarp. And last night as I was painting, Carter kept sneaking over and sticking his fist in the paint bucket. I love my little rascals!
You should have let me know you were painting!! I have drop cloths and everything!!
ReplyDelete