Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today. Whew! Today.

So on Saturday Brad asked me to call around and get price quotes on how much different places would charge to balance our tires. He wanted me to do that Saturday morning so that he could take the car in before going back to school on Monday. "Oh Bradley," I thought, "sweet, silly Bradley. I can just take it sometime next week. Sure, with both of the boys. I'm a pro. Piece of cake." Why can't I just admit that Bradley knows EVERYTHING, and I should never question him? Which brings me to today - and balancing the tires.

Fact: While Walmart may have the cheaper service price, your bill is going to be a lot more than anywhere else.

I think they're smart to always tell you that it will take an hour to an hour and a half. No sweat, right? I'll just browse until they're done. Well, the boys weren't too happy about that arrangement, and they haven't let me forget it ALL DAY LONG. Not to mention that while I was there, I "browsed" my way into deciding that it was finally time to hang some curtains in our stairway windows. I'm sure the creepy neighbors watch us walk up and down the stairs at night. Sure of it. So I bought the curtains, and the curtain rods, and the chocolate chips to eat while I work. And I worked up such an appetite just planning it that I had to stop for a snack at the Wally-McDonald's that they have so conveniently placed there. And on my way I found some clearance pajamas for the boys.... and on it goes... for an hour and a half.

Moral of the story: don't get your tires balanced at Walmart unless you have at least a little willpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment